This is TNTCS COVID-19 ADVISORY school reopening plan — We wanted to announce that The Northern Tier Christian School does plan to open for a “normal” school year (as close to normal as we can while setting many extra safety standards and precautions) for the Fall of 2020. As of July 17, 2020, the following is the current TNTCS reopening plan. Please understand this could change at any moment due to the ambiguity of information that is coming out at various times throughout the week, every week. There is also a PDF letter that you can download below of this information.
1. We’re planning to open on August 17, with in class instruction. Our plan is Monday-Friday, all day, every day. All students.
2. Masks will be required while students are in class. Masks would need to be worn for any activity that brings them closer together, such as getting in line or sitting together for worship or a lesson. **However, we may not require masks for areas if students can be kept at least six feet (outdoors, etc.)
3. We will adhere to social distancing in the classroom as much as possible, but we are not going to be unreasonable, especially with our younger students. They need to be gently guided as we come up with creative play ideas, as we see that they need to play together.
4. We will be conducting temperature checks EVERY day upon entrance to our facility. If your child has a fever, he/she will not be admitted to school that day and cannot return until he/she is fever free for a 24 hour period. Please do not give them fever reducing medicine and send them to school.
5. We’re asking each child to bring hand sanitizer to keep in his/her desk.
6. The teacher and students will collaborate to clean rooms every mid-morning and every afternoon.
7. We ask parents to wear masks to drop off and pick up.
I believe our children need a “normal” life as we can create. Yes, we will make changes and do everything in our power to keep them safe and healthy, but not at the expense of letting them grow, learn and enjoy their childhood.
If any questions on above "living" guidelines or any concern for you and your family then contact us. I want you to feel comfortable dropping your children off at school, and then drive away confident knowing that they are going to be safe and well-cared for.
This is not just a “catch phrase:” Thank you for your prayers during these difficult days.
We will keep you updated if any of the above school reopening plans change due to any new COVID-19 regulations. Thank you so much for your faithfulness.